The LA SBDC Network offers no-cost virtual business workshops for small businesses in Los Angeles, Santa Barbara, and Ventura Counties.
- This event has passed.
SBDC Legal Entity Webinar
November 4, 2020 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 amFree
This in-depth webinar addresses a multitude of important topics regarding legal entities and other important decisions you will need to make as a business owner. One of the first decisions will include how the company will be structured. Because of this, we will cover the basics of regulatory filings that permit new owners to properly set up entities in California.
Our discussion will cover legal formation for startups, including:
· LLC’s, S-Corporations, C-Corporations
· Business permits
· Resale Certificates
· Federal Employer Identification Numbers (FEIN)
· Other regulatory filings
We will also discuss:
· The vision you have for your business, especially regarding its size and the proposed number of employees
· Legal restrictions and the level of control you wish to have over your business
· The level of “structure” that works best for you
· The business’s vulnerability to lawsuits
· The tax implications of the different ownership structures
· Whether or not you need to re-invest earnings into the business