The LA SBDC Network offers no-cost/low-cost business workshops throughout Los Angeles, Santa Barbara, and Ventura Counties.
Using Research to Grow Your Business
August 28 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pmFree
Are you a small business owner trying to decide which products or services to offer your customers? Are you interested in expanding your customer base but aren’t quite sure which road to follow? Or do you need to figure out how to improve your marketing messaging and targeting to reach the right audience? In all these cases, conducting research can help small businesses operate strategically by making smart decisions.
In this 90-minute workshop, you will learn:
- What research is
- Why you should use research for your business
- How to use research to . . .
- Develop better products and services
- Identify new target markets of potential customers
- Improve your customer service
- Optimize your marketing and communications
- How to conduct research on your own—and when to hire a research specialist
Dr. John Carter is the founder and president of Carter Strategic Research, an independent business research consultancy. Dr. Carter has 13 years of experience providing research solutions for small businesses, large corporations, and public agencies and teaches research methods and psychology at the University of Redlands and UCLA Extension.