SBDC’s in coordination with federal, state, local and private sector resources, deliver business management and operations assistance to small businesses. We provide business owners with assistance in business planning, management, marketing, sales, procurement, and strategic planning as well as access to financing. There are eight SBDC service centers in the LA Regional Network that offer low-cost business training and no cost one-on-one consulting services. Please note that each center maintains its own client onboarding process and its own local workshop schedule.
Free & Low-Cost Business Help
Each center within the LA SBDC Network provides its own unique calendar of training and no cost consulting services tailored to the needs of their local business communities.
SBDC Services by Business Stage
- Business Planning
- Financial Projection
- Exploratory Funding
- Lease Negotiation
- Human Resource Management
- State and Federal Tax Setup and Preparation
- Web Development
- Merchant Account Services (if applicable)
- Franchise Purchase
- Financial Packaging
- Contract Negotiations
- Cash Flow Management and Financial Statement Preparation
- Brand Creation and Development
- Competitive Assessment
- Target Market and Customer Identification
- Marketing Channel Identification, Implementation, and Measurement
- Rebranding and Market Identification
- Advanced Web Development (Shopping Cart, SEO, Email Segmentation, etc.)
- Tax and Accounting Preparation
- Government Procurement and Certification
- Financial Packaging Assistance
- New Employees (available subsidies)
- Permitting, Product Pricing, Succession Planning
- Franchise Development
- International Trade (Importing/Exporting)
- Specialized assistance by industry (e.g. lean manufacturing, emerging technology, retail, beauty, food and hospitality.)
The LA SBDC Network can assist you create a new, thriving stream of revenue or grow your international operations with the assistance of our expert trade consultants throughout our network. We can assist in identifying viable markets and quality products, help you with compliance, logistics,negotiation, finance and more. In addition, our partnerships with the U.S. Commercial Service and the Southern California District Export Council (DEC) give our clients exclusive access to the most experienced trade professionals in our region to assist with even the most unique trade issues.
Emerging Tech Startup Services at Bixel Exchange
Startup Development Program
Bixel Exchange technology SBDC at the L.A. Area Chamber of Commerce focuses on advising ventures that are within the rapidly evolving segments of the tech ecosystem, including but not limited, to e-commerce, adtech, cleantech, digital media, gaming, mobile and social media, among many others. We are stage-agnostic!
Through Bixel’s collaboration with corporate and civic organizations throughout Los Angeles, including accelerators, incubators, co-working spaces, venture capitalists, angel investors and private equity firms, universities, research institutions, innovation labs and government, Bixel helps connect entrepreneurs with valuable resources within the Los Angeles tech community.
This program is offered at no cost to technology startups located in or are looking to relocate to Los Angeles, Santa Barbara and Ventura counties.
If you’re a tech startup looking to launch products or services in any vertical of the technology space, apply to the program so we can evaluate if our program is the right fit for you!