The LA SBDC Network offers no-cost virtual business workshops for small businesses in Los Angeles, Santa Barbara, and Ventura Counties.
- This event has passed.
November 15, 2016 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pmFree
Have you ever felt frustrated that you entered into a “bad deal”? Do you feel intimidated or out of your comfort zone when negotiating? Would you like to feel comfortable, confident and in control when you negotiate?
This course will teach the basic skills you need to be a successful negotiator. Learn how to:
• Prepare for the negotiation
• Get the terms you need/bargain for what you want
• Know the difference between “positions” vs. “interests”
• Handle aggressive, intimidating and unethical people
• Address language barriers, cultural differences and emotions
• Overcome “impasse” and get back on track
• Know when to walk away from a deal
• Successfully “close” the deal.
This course includes 1 hour of live lecture and 1 hour of mock negotiation activity.