The LA SBDC Network offers no-cost virtual business workshops for small businesses in Los Angeles, Santa Barbara, and Ventura Counties.
- This event has passed.
Trademark & Copyright Explained
August 28 @ 3:00 pm - 5:00 pmFree
Confusion often abounds regarding trademarks, copyrights, patents and trade secrets. These are all intangible creations of the human intellect, usually referred to as “Intellectual Property.”
Regardless of the focus of your business, it is likely that Intellectual Property (“IP”) is one of the most valuable assets of your business. This webinar will help you understand the differences among the various types of IP and what it is that IP can protect. Finally, you’ll understand how you can invoke that protection, either through federal protection, or otherwise.
Learning outcomes from this webinar will include:
- The rationale and importance of intellectual property
- The differences between trademarks and service marks
- The differences between patent protection and trade secrets
- The various types of copyrights
- The requirements to file for trademark or service mark
- How to protect your content (written, audio and visual) through copyright registration
- How to file a trademark or a service mark (Federal and California filings)
- The costs for intellectual property filings