The LA SBDC Network offers no-cost virtual business workshops for small businesses in Los Angeles, Santa Barbara, and Ventura Counties.
- This event has passed.
The WordPress Essentials Course
October 29, 2016 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 9:00 am on Saturday, repeating until November 5, 2016
Are you looking to get started with WordPress or perhaps you already have a website but need some additional help to understand how things work?
In this class you will learn how to create attractive, sophisticated blogs and websites—without any prior coding knowledge needed. As a matter of fact, you won’t use any code whatsoever, unless you want to!
In case you didn’t know, WordPress is the world’s most popular website publisher, powering more than 26% of all sites on the Internet
- WordPress.org vs. WordPress.com differences
- Finding a Web Host for your site
- Local Development vs Staging vs Live
- How to Install WordPress
- Getting to Know the WordPress Dashboard
- Posts vs. Pages: When To Use Each
- Manage & Edit WordPress Pages
- Categories vs. Tags
- All About Themes – Finding, Installing & Modifying
- All about Plugins – Finding & Installing
- How To Create Custom Menus In WordPress
- How to Use the WordPress Media Library
- How to Add Images to a Post
- How to Create a Photo Gallery
- Best practices on working with audio & video
- Adding a PDF Download
- Commenting management & options
- Backup & Security Solutions
NOTE: This class is a two Saturday workshop seminar held on Oct 29th & Sat Nov 5th
$300 total for both classes
Instructor: Adam Silver