New CA Law Requires Employers to File
Beginning January 1, 2017, California state law, Assembly Bill 1245, requires employers with 10+ employees to submit electronically all employment tax returns, wage reports, and payroll tax deposits to the Employment Development Department (EDD). All remaining employers will be subject to this requirement beginning January 1, 2018.
To benefit employers, this law will:
- Increase data accuracy
- Increase data security
- Reduce overhead costs
- Facilitate faster processing of returns and payments
The EDD can Help You File!
E-Services for Business is a fast, easy, and secure way to help you meet this requirement and manage your employer payroll tax account online. With e-Services for Business, you can:
File employment tax returns and wage reports using the Direct Entry or “Attach a Return File” option
- Pay payroll tax deposits using the Direct Entry or “Attach a Bulk Payment File” option, and make other liability payments
- Register for an employer payroll tax account number
- View, adjust, and print returns and reports previously submitted online
- View and update account information
- View your current and past three years of payroll tax rates
- Close or reopen an employer payroll tax account
The LA Regional SBDC Network Can Keep You Updated
The LA Regional SBDC Network is here to help you get signed up with the EDD E-file and E-pay mandates. We are offering workshops that will help you file correctly. Contact us for more information, and for all your business needs.