The LA SBDC Network offers no-cost virtual business workshops for small businesses in Los Angeles, Santa Barbara, and Ventura Counties.
- This event has passed.
What You Need To Know About Insurance For Your Small Business
June 12 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 amFree
Every business has certain risks related to its operation. To protect your business and personal assets, insurance coverage is critical. In this workshop, you will learn about the myriad types of insurance, the rationale for procuring the various insurance types, and come away with an understanding of how they can apply to your business.
Specific Learning Objectives:
- Why do small businesses need insurance?
- Exactly what kinds of coverage are available?
- What insurance is needed for employees?
- What insurance is right for my business?
By the end of the workshop, you should expect to have a basic understanding of the different types of insurance that are available to you, and what type of coverage should be considered to protect your business.
We will cover:
- Claims Made vs. Occurrence Policies
- General/Business Liability Insurance
- Professional Liability / Errors & Omissions Insurance (E&O)
- Malpractice Insurance
- Directors and Officers (D&O) Insurance
- Product Liability Insurance
- Business Interruption Insurance
- Key woman/man Life Insurance
- Employee Health Insurance
- Workers Compensation Insurance
- Accounts Receivable Insurance (Trade Credit)
- Inventory/Stock Insurance
- Contractor’s Building Risk Insurance
- Commercial Property Insurance
- Commercial Auto Insurance
- Cargo/Freight Insurance
- Data Breach Insurance
- Cybersecurity Insurance
- Intellectual Property Insurance
- Commercial Crime & Forgery Insurance
- Crypto Insurance
- Umbrella Policies